Monday, August 4, 2014

Miami Style Map: Overalls Get the Royal Treatment


If there was one trend the 90's gave us that I was more than happy to see make a comeback it was the overalls. I never quite knew why they went away. As a kid/teenager, my overalls had legs- that's how much use I got out of them. Granted, the trend at the time was to sport them baggy- ala Kriss Kross style- but nonetheless, they were fun, pragmatic, and conveniently chic. 

Fast Forward two decades later, and now we have a more slim fit overall making the rounds in the fashion circles and no one is happier than this girl. We are used to seeing overalls in a more casual setting but don't underestimate the power of these denim guns. They can easily be taken for a fancy spin with the right accessories. 



Give me any excuse to wear my overalls out on the town. I'm all about being comfortable without having to give up my fundamental style and neither should you. With a little help from my super photographer, Natalie of Suna Photography, I'm going to show you how easy it is to take your overalls from day to night in three easy steps! 

Step 1: A statement top. Whether it's a bold color or a graphic print, pair your overalls with a blouse/top/tee that's going to have some sort of wow factor. I paired mine with a black dress top with oversized sleeves. The sleeves give this overall look an instant lift. 


Step 2: Accessorize. The trick lies in the right accessories, whether a pair of standout earrings or a statement necklace. Just not both at the same time! I opted for this edgy gold necklace from Zara. The black vintage snakeskin clutch gives this look a dressier feel. And last but not least, a red lip, or any bright lip for that matter. I love me some red, and Jessie from Makeup Aristry by Jessie, made sure my pout was big and bright with the perfect shade of MAC red. 

Step 3: Heels.  Step up your game with a pair of knockout stilettos or heels. I love these quilted gold and grey tie up heels from Chanel. They're fierce fierce fierce! The right shoe will take your overalls from drab to fab in one well-heeled notch. 


On Me: 

Overalls- Nordstrom 
Blouse- Off 5th 
Necklace- Zara 
Heels- Chanel 
Clutch- Vintage 

In Style, 

Kat 

1 comment :