Saturday, June 6, 2015

Miami Style Map- A 60's Fashion Nod in Key Biscayne



Just call me Twiggy! This Peter-Pan collared 70's shift dress is one of my favorite recent looks from H&M. Let me just state that this is not a maternity dress but it sure is tailored just right if you happen to be expecting- like I am! It is effortlessly chic and readily wearable for just about any occasion with the right accessories and shoes! 

I have an affinity for certain blue and pink combos- like this blush pink mixed with dusty blue and seasoned with a bit of mint green. It's quintessential spring with vibrant pastels that work well against any skin tone. 



I seem to gravitate to these comfortable, almost mod-like dresses because they are so easy to wear and fun to style. I wore this dress on a recent family photo session with Coco and Maya (photographed by Natalie from www.sunaphotography.com), and I was going for something summery and laid back- a picture perfect beach side getaway look since we were shooting at Key Biscayne. 

I paired the dress with camel colored sandals (such a great neutral) and a braided updo with my clip-on bangs. Adding bangs to this retro inspired frock is definitely a nod to that swinging 60's modern girl who wants to be playful, free-spirited, and carefree! 


Can we talk about this amazing pearl ear cuff by Bace Jewelry that is so on point combined with the florals?! It was the only statement piece needed for a dress like this and it was center stage since my hair was pulled back. I can't tell you how many compliments I received on that ear cuff. 

But for all you squeezers that know me so well- what do you think my favorite part of this whole look is?! 

If you guessed....

POCKETS! Then you win a million dollars. JK. You win some squeezer love from me! 



On me: 

Dress- H&M
Ear Cuff- Bace Jewelry
Sandals- Dolce Vita 

In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment