Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Miami Style Map: Hot Momma On The Go! Taking your LBD From Day to Night with Tutti Bambini Photography


It's the story of the 'little black dress'- the most coveted piece of a clothing in any fashionista's wardrobe (made iconic by the one and only Audrey Hepburn)! Ask any woman if she owns an 'LBD' and the answer is always YES YES YES! The LBD is a staple that never goes out of style. It's classic sophistication, and a statement piece that can matter-of-factly transform its style personality in the blink of an eye. The LBD is fun and casual by day, and sexy and stunning by night! 

And to all my hot mommas and mommas-to-be out there, you need a little black dress in your life! Whether its a shift dress or a form-fitting frock, the LBD is a wardrobe must-have for you! I've been on the hunt for that perfect LBD since finding out I was pregnant and I was ecstatic to score an Isabella Oliver rouged dress at baby boutique, Tutti Bambini (www.tutti-bambini.com). Not only does this baby boutique offer personal concierge services, specialized birthing and parenting classes, party planning, and a photo studio, it now offers maternity fashion for expectant moms! It's one stop shopping for all your maternity and baby needs! And they've curated a versatile selection of maternity fashion that ranges from easy comfort finds like T-shirt maternity dresses to edgy cocktail wear with leather detailing. I was thrilled to find out they are one of the few retailers to carry the UK based Isabella Oliver maternity line (www.isabellaoliver.com). I love the brand for its nod to the modern woman and its attention to sophisticated details that do not compromise style or comfort. Their pieces are a welcome upgrade to maternity fashion for the everyday woman on the go! 


And speaking of photo studio, I had the pleasure of teaming up with Tutti Bambini Photography (http://www.tutti-bambini.com/services/photography/to show you how to take your little black dress from day to night! It was my first time working with Tutti Bambini Photography and their work exceeded my expectations. Their lead photographer, Christy Mendoza, is not only patient and sweet, but she's thorough, very hands on in her creative approach, and she works with you to bring your vision to life while also infusing some of her personal touches that only serve to enhance the final product. Every shoot she does- whether newborn or maternity- is always different. No two shoots are ever the same and clients have the option of shooting on location or in their diversely crafted photo studio in South Miami. 


So when I came to her with the idea of shooting this dress, we definitely wanted to show a 'hot momma on the go'- a city mom that has places to go and people to see. Like many moms, I sometimes find myself out all day in the same outfit, and I need that outfit to take me from day to night, and the little black dress is the perfect item to showcase this fun transition. If I'm running errands, meeting a friend for lunch, dropping off Maya at school, or meeting an editor, I need chic comfort. Pair your LBD with flats, like these from Dolce Vita. Because it's sweltering hot in Miami and I'll be in and out in the heat (Miami summers are not a pregnant woman's friend), I rely on my trusty fedora for extra shade. I keep it classic with a black and white textured cross body clutch from Ohm boutique that's easy to carry and holds all my basic essentials. And just to add a bit of pizazz to this daytime look, we accessorized with a statement necklace by Stella and Dot and made the lips pop with a bright summer red. Who said that errands can't be tackled in style?! 




Fast forward to a few hours later and it's time to meet some friends for dinner, which means time to change clothes and go- only this time, the only thing you have to change are your shoes. I swapped my pointy toe flats for these killer Nine West animal print heels. I removed the cross body chain on the purse and made it into a sleek clutch. I left the necklace but opted to add this gorgeously vibrant and tailored yellow blazer also from Isabella Oliver, to spice up the LBD. The blazer instantly transforms this little black dress into an 'I'm a beautiful pregnant woman hear me roar' look. I added a few bobby pins to my daytime ponytail (courtesy of Ana from www.makeupartistrybyjessie.com) and opted for a messy bun. I removed the red lip and added something with more flesh tones to give my makeup a sultry finish. 

Everything you need to take this look from day to night, can be kept in a bag in your car. Pack a change of shoes, makeup for touch ups, any accessories you want to switch out, and some bobby pins, and you got two looks for the price of one, and a little black dress that will never let you down! 

I want to know how you take your little black dress from day to night! Share your tips, squeezers! 


On Me: 

Daytime:
LBD- Isabella Oliver via Tutti Bambini
Necklace- Stella and Dot
Hat- Forever 21
Crossbody- Ohm Boutique
Flats- Dolce Vita 

Nightime:
LBD- Isabella Oliver via Tutti Bambini
Blazer- Isabella Oliver
Necklace- Stella and Dot
Clutch- Ohm Boutique
Heels- Nine West 

** To schedule a session or inquire about special packages with Tutti Bambini Photography, reach out to Tutti Bambini at: 

7211 SW 58th Ave, South Miami, FL 33143
Phone: 305-669-1400
Email: info@tutti-bambini.com


In Style, 

Kat 

2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. miamisuperhero

    ReplyDelete